For many businesses, establishing an online presence may seem like a tall task and some may find it unnecessary depending on their product or offering. However, once businesses realize how impactful a solid online presence can be to their marketing, they are usually quick to implement some of these practices into their overall strategy.
An online presence can be defined by how easy it is to find a brand or company online. It’s important for building your brand’s reputation, increasing brand awareness, creating credibility as an industry leader, and providing visibility to your products or services when users are online searching for solutions.
Creating quality content that appeals to your target market is the key to success. Using resources like websites, social media platforms, blogs, and SEO best practices, can help make building an online presence a bit easier. With that said, here are five tips along with some insight on how to get started with improving the online presence for your company or business.
- Create a Website – this may seem like an obvious place to start for many, but there are some small businesses that rely solely on social media pages in place of a website. Creating a website for your business lends credibility and gives a central hub to the customer to be able to see you 24/7. Having your own site also allows for online growth opportunity and it sets you apart from your competition. Another advantage is SEO and online advertising, which are a great way to help build awareness and increase traffic to your website. Free website builders like WordPress, Wix, and Squarespace are available to help you get started.
- SEO Best Practices – by following the best practices for search engine optimization you can increase the organic discovery and traffic for your website. An effective SEO strategy can help you deliver the content on your site to your audience as they search online. SEO provides 24/7 promotion and visibility for your business. Results can take time as SEO is more of a long-term strategy. However, it’s the quality of the results that can really make an impact. For example, if your page ranks on page one of a particular search, that user is more likely to take an action with your site receiving increased traffic.
- Create a Blog – if creating content for your audience is the key, then having a relevant blog is a must. A blog can establish your business as an industry leader by providing something of value to the consumer. How-to guides, lists, interviews, product reviews, case studies, and videos are just a few of the more common blog formats that can be used. Adding a blog into your strategy can offer benefits like an increase in organic web traffic and content that can be shared easily on social media. Companies that maintain a blog produce an average of 68% more leads per month than companies who don’t blog. Enough said!
- Be Active on Social Media Platforms – having a number of social media pages across the different platforms will certainly be to your benefit, but it is also important to go where your customers are. These days, just about every business has a Facebook page and that’s great but working that in with some of the other platforms can really set you apart. Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat are great places to display new product images, post video content, and stay engaged with your audience. YouTube can be the perfect place for a video blog or more in-depth videos about your business. Let’s not forget Twitter, which is a real-time platform perfect for trending stories and the latest news and updates related to your business. Again, it is important to determine where your customers are and be active on those platforms. Your social media pages may be the first place a user goes to learn more about your company. So, being on social media is an absolute necessity in today’s world.
- Create Valuable Content – creating good relevant content can provide your business with more organic traffic and increased customer conversions. It will set your company apart as an authority in your particular field which creates trust and ultimately leads to expanded brand awareness. The goal is to attract customers and keep them interested in your brand or business. It’s all about providing users with original content that is informative and useful. Remember to clearly define who you’re trying to reach, how you will reach them, what types of content you will create, and how you will measure the results.
These days most companies have a social media manager on staff or someone who handles their digital marketing strategy. The important thing for them to remember is to stay up to date on the best practices across this ever-changing medium. Here at A3 Media we believe it’s a multi-layered media approach that is always going to service your business best. Improving your online presence is just one piece of the puzzle.
It’s all about reaching your audience and letting them know you have what they are looking for and you may even convince them you have what they didn’t know they were looking for.
Social Media Specialist