After an extremely successful inaugural year representing Flying Fish Brewery in several of its markets in 2019, A3 Media is proud to announce that Flying Fish has agreed to expand its market coverage and scope of work with A3 Media for 2020.
Once again, this coming year will see A3 as the Agency of Record for Flying Fish.
The news comes off market sales growth increasing by nearly 28% for Flying Fish in the markets A3 set and deployed media strategies in.
“We’re happy and honored to have Flying Fish give us their vote of confidence by signing with us for another year”, said Frank Gussoni, President of A3 Media. “They have a very solid portfolio of brands and it just keeps getting better. Their continuing evolution of the Flying Fish brands speaks volumes for their dedication to remain a key fixture on the local craft scene.”
In response to the announcement, The President of Flying Fish Brewery, Lou Romano stated, “The A3 team has taken the time to understand our specific company needs for advertising exposure by immersing themselves in our beer brands to understand where they fit in a highly competitive market environment. They worked within the confines of our budget in 2019 and got more for us than expected, both in advertising value and sales results. We’ll be working with them again in 2020.”
In typical fashion, Flying Fish has no intentions on sitting on their laurels and success. Flying Fish has some big plans and major additions planned for 2020, but they’re all under wraps for now. Keep an eye out and a glass ready as the Spring and Summer seasons roll around to see and taste more.
Toys for Tots received more than 1,600 toys from the team at A3 Media. This year the A3 team spent time shopping at Big Lots, Ollies and Five Below gathering an array of items for children ages 0 to 16. This was one of the biggest years ever in the more than 20 years A3 Media has been supporting Toys for Tots. “It’s through the generosity and corporate help we were given by Big Lots, Ollies and Five Below, that we were able to afford so much!” said President of A3 Media, Frank Gussoni. The goal each year for is to do what ever we can to bring as much happiness during the holiday season.
After an extensive media audit, it became apparent that Penn Community Bank will benefit from switching agencies from their present one to A3 Media. The use of A3’s registered Micro Market Media® practices will assist PCB in catapulting their name front and center, something that until now has been slow to evolve.
Penn Community was created in 2015 from the merger of First Federal Savings and Loan Association, Bristol, with First Savings Bank of Perkasie. Combined PCB is valued at over 2 billion and has more than 300 employees. In addition to banking, PCB also supplies clients with investment strategies and insurance coverage.
“Penn Community Bank is a strong regional bank with dozens of branches, solid assets and a talented team, but unfortunately low name recognition, since the merger of the two banks. It’s our job to make that a non-issue by 2021, so it’s time to go to work”, said Frank Gussoni, President of A3 Media.
“It’s surprising to see two banks with such a long heritage of stability and service to the community suffer from rebranding, but that is exactly what has happened. Now we’re tasked with changing that and then moving them onward and upward in the business banking community. It’s a multi-year process but we are confident we can help PCB outperform their projections.”
PCB is looking to expand in the near future however, no definitive plans have been made. Having a stronger brand name and market presence will certainly prove beneficial for that decision to be successful.
In the social media world, Facebook is a juggernaut, and shows no signs of slowing down. With an impressive portfolio of investments in other social media platforms and tech advancements, Facebook has asserted itself as a global power. Since there inception 15 years ago from a Harvard dorm room, Facebook has grown into the most popular social media platform with an astounding 2.4 billion monthly active users, and 1.6 billion daily users with 1.39 billion of the users checking their profiles on a mobile phone (reported by Facebook’s annual community update and quarterly results). With roughly 29% of the entire world’s population using actively using Facebook each month, the advertising opportunities are endless.
Facebook has an ever-evolving advertising and business platform that ranges in solutions and capabilities for small, medium, and large sized businesses, and many are taking advantage. In 2018, Facebook reported a 38% increase in ad revenue from 2017, totaling $55.01 billion dollars, with 93% of that advertising coming from mobile advertising. A key for these businesses to keep coming back and reinvesting are the constant updates on the advertising side for the platform. Facebook has recently connected WhatsApp to Facebook for a more detailed targeting function, which has made it very convenient for agencies and companies to create faster solutions for their brands and the advertisers. They’re also changing the way that people are viewing the ads and the connect, from newer ad options and updated targeted audience capabilities, its near impossible for a user to miss brands that they’ve engaged with. With all these new features and options to choose from, it can be overwhelming if you’re new to Facebook advertising, and all the benefits that come with investing. A recent study by Wordstream, an online advertising company that specializes in the education of online ads and how to capitalize on paid search, have identified 5 key reasons on why you should start investing in Facebook advertising.
- Your Audience is on Facebook: Like mentioned prior in this article, Facebook has 2.4 billion monthly active users, and 1.6 billion daily users, which results to 22 billion ad clicks per year. The chances that your targeted audience isn’t on Facebook is impossible.
- Facebook Ads are Cheap: Organic reach in todays world is extremely hard to gain momentum. With Facebook ads, these ads cost a fraction of what other online marketing channels cost. Per Facebook, you control your overall amount spent and your cost per result through your bid strategy. The more granular and specific will raise the price, but the starting base is low enough to attract any sized advertiser.
- The Targeting Capabilities of Facebook are Exceptional: You can choose from behaviors, interests, demographics, connections, age ranges, languages, or locations. You can really narrow down your targeting capabilities and layer them upon each other to ensure you’re getting rid of any questionable, out-of-market clickers.
- Facebook is Effective to Push “on-the-fence” Leads Down the Funnel: With Facebook ads, you can build a custom audience to users who have either viewed or interacted with your brand and then retarget them with either the same or new ads. This will put the content directly in front of them again in the efforts to get them to make a purchase or action.
- Facebook Allows You to Find New Qualified Leads Easily: After some testing and successful campaigns, you’ll know the audience that is working for your campaign, which you can then clone time after time. Facebook’s lookalike audience feature allows you to create an audience that is very close to the audience that acted on your ad.
To make the most of your campaign and get the best results, it’s important to understand the different Facebook ad types and targeting options before you go into any planning. If not utilized correctly, you could be spending money and not yielding any results for your brand advertiser. The ad types are:
- Image Ads: The simplest of the ad types. All you need is a picture of your brand/product, a brief caption, and a link to buy or link to your website.
- Video Ads: Video ads can run in News Feed and Stories, or they can appear as in-stream ads in longer Facebook videos. Video ads can show your team or your product in action.
- Video Poll Ads: This is a mobile-only ad format that incorporates an interactive component with video polls for the user. One of the newer ad types, it’s testing well and has shown to increase brand awareness more effectively than regular video ads.
- Carousel Ads: A carousel ad uses up to 10 images or videos to showcase your product or service. You can use this format to highlight different benefits of one product, several different products, or even use all the photos together to create one large panorama image.
- Slideshow Ads: This ad type allows you to create a short video ad using a collection of still photos, text, or existing video clips.
- Collection Ads: A mobile-only ad type, you can showcase up to 5 products that customers can click on to buy, with a link taking them to a landing page.
- Instant Experience Ads: Formerly known as canvas ads, this ad type allows your ad to direct the user to a new page that will feature product info, company info, and any other information you want listed.
- Lead Ads: Lead ads are mobile-only because they are specifically designed to make it easy for people to give their contact info without a lot of typing. Great for newsletter subscriptions, etc.
- Dynamic Ads: Dynamic ads allow you to promote targeted products to the customers most likely to be interested in them, key with retargeting.
- Messenger Ads: Facebook Messenger, separate app for people to send private messages back in forth, has 1.3 billion users each month. These will appear in the user’s inbox.
- Stories Ads: Stories ads are a full-screen vertical video format that allow you to maximize screen real estate without expecting viewers to turn the screen.
- Stories AR Ads: Augmented reality ads use features like filters and animation to allow people to interact with your brand.
- Playable Ads: This is another new ad format that incorporates interactivity. You create a game experience that encourages people to interact with your creative content.
With any social media campaign, after choosing the appropriate ad type(s) to utilize for your campaign, you need the best campaign objectives and targeting to align with the ads to get the best results, and Facebook offers a wide variety. The objectives include brand awareness, reach, drive traffic, engagement, app installs, video views, lead generation, messages, conversions, catalog sales, and store traffic. Effective targeting is key to maximizing your campaigns ROI, and Facebook ads manager offers two fields to make your audience as specific as you’d like. Detailed targeting is used to specifically include or exclude people based on demographics, interests, and behaviors. Connections you can target or exclude people who have an existing connection to your Facebook Page, your app, or an event you managed.
The future is nearly impossible to guess when it comes to advertising. The landscape will change, new advertising options will present themselves and take lead, while others will fall off, so understanding what has worked in the past is important to combine with what is trending for the future. While the platform is growing constantly, brands and advertisers have to the play close attention to the newer trends with Facebook ads that will yield positive results for their business. Egg Marketing, a content marketing company, has identified 5 trends that all brands and advertisers need to be aware of going forward in 2020. The first is custom conversion ads. Custom conversions enable a brand/advertiser to optimize their ads for the action they want their audience to take without adding pixel codes on their website, making it easier to track action without having to add pixel codes on. The second is voice search. Facebook has been working on a voice assistant feature (ex: Siri, Alexa) since the beginning of 2018, and will be able to create more personalized and trackable engagement with audiences for your brand. The third is video stories, which are very popular in all the digital mediums. Facebook now has story ads that will combat this trend. The fourth is VR, 3D, and 360 Videos. These are trending all over digital and Facebook has developed ad types to utilize all for a better user experience. The last is retargeting and audience network ads. Both have been with Facebook since close to the beginning of ads manager, but each have increasing viewability rates that are proving them extremely valuable.
Facebook has been in the news lately with its founder testifying in front of Congress, and with just how much of the user’s personal information is being shared and sold to other companies. While this is a common practice and many brands and advertisers are buying data from outside firms for campaigns so that they can better target their ads to an intended audience, it still has caused a PR problem with Facebook.
If they handle it poorly or correctly has yet to be seen, but brands and advertisers have not wavered from investing in the platform. Facebook is just too big and powerful, and too cost effective to ignore. They have built themselves up to be not only a social media giant, but an advertising giant. Too make it simple if you aren’t using Facebook ads to reach your target buyers, you’re missing out on the opportunity to attract and engage with your target audience that is larger and more interactive then any other social media platform.
A3 Media is proud to support Martha’s Choice Marketplace with six truck loads of food and grocery items this year from Aldi. Martha’s Choice serves over 900 families a month. They offer a very “normal” (and dignified) way of shopping for groceries for those in need. We are so happy to be one of the largest donors of the year for Martha’s Choice and helping to do our part in supporting our community.